Assisting constituents with their problems and taking up concerns is Anneliese's number one priority. Anneliese is able to help constituents with a wide range of problems they might have including housing, benefits, health, transport, education, immigration, as well as many others.

Is Anneliese my MP?


Anneliese is the MP for Oxford East. You can see a map of the constituency below.

You can check if Anneliese is your MP here

Oxford East contains all OX3 and OX4 postcodes and most OX1 postcodes.

Anneliese is the MP for 29 Oxford University College (St John's, Keble, Balliol, Trinity, Wadham, Mansfield, Harris Manchester, Linacre, St Catherine's, New, Hertford, All Souls, Queen's, Teddy Hall, Magdalen, St Hilda's, Univ, Brasenose, Lincoln, Exeter, Jesus, Merton, Corpus Christi, Christ Church, Oriel, Pembroke, Nuffield, Kellogg, St Cross, and St Peter's) as well as Regent's Park, Blackfriars, St Benet's Hall and St Stephen's House.

Oxford East also contains the majority of Oxford Brookes accommodation.

Who else can help me?


If you feel that your problem really concerns a local council (e.g. dustbins, housing, road repairs or public lavatories) rather than central government, then you may wish to contact your local councillor in the first place as they will be best placed to help you. You can, of course, contact Anneliese if you are still not happy with the service you are receiving from the council.

Oxfordshire has a two-tier system of local government. This means that your council services are provided by two different councils.

Oxford City Council run services such as planning, leisure and waste collection, while Oxfordshire County Council is responsible for running services such as libraries, schools and social care.

In Oxfordshire, there is one county council (Oxfordshire County Council) and five district councils (Oxford City Council, Cherwell, South Oxfordshire, Vale of White Horse and West Oxfordshire).

You can get help from Oxford City Council here 

You can get help from Oxfordshire County Council here

For a general list of how services in Oxford are split between Oxford City Council and Oxfordshire County Council, please see below: 

Oxford City Council 

Planning, Council Housing, Homelessness, Houses in Multiple Occupation Licensing, Housing Options Advice Council Tax Collection, Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit, Business Rates (NNDR), Environmental Health, Licensing, Recycling and Waste Collection, Leisure Centres and Facilities, Building Control, Minor Roads, 3 Park & Ride Sites, Street Cleaning, Parks, Community Group Grants, Community Response Team and Park Rangers, Markets and Fairs, Oxford Safer, Communities Partnership, Anti-social Behaviour, Electoral Registration, Cemeteries, Car Parks, Community Centres, Public Toilets, Street Furniture

Oxfordshire County Council 

Schools, Social Services, Older People, Adult Learning, Major Roads, Libraries, Children and Young People, Fire Service, Waste Recycling Centres and Waste Disposal, Trading Standards, Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages, Street Lighting, 2 Park & Ride Sites, Transport Planning, Carers' Support, Residents' Parking Permits, On-street Parking, Youth Offending Service, Music Service, Concessionary Bus Passes

How can Anneliese help?


Anneliese can contact the relevant government department, local council or agency on your behalf and will request that they address the questions or problems that you have raised.

If you have already been through the relevant complaints procedure, Anneliese can assist you in taking your complaint to the appropriate Ombudsman to review.

How can I contact Anneliese?


If you want Anneliese's help with an issue or concern, your first step should be to email anneliesedoddsmp@gmail.com

If you need to speak with her about an issue, or if you've been asked to call the MP's office you should call 01865 595 790

You can also write to her at: Anneliese Dodds MP, Unit A, Bishops Mews, Transport Way, Oxford, OX4 6HD

You can also reach Anneliese on Facebook, or follow her on twitter for updates and news.


Do I need anything before I get in touch?


If you plan on getting in touch with Anneliese about an issue or concern, there are a few useful things you can provide that will help your case to be dealt with more efficiently.

When you get in touch, please provide your full name and address, including your postcode

If you are getting in touch about a immigration issue, you will need to provide a Home Office reference number if you have one. The Home Office reference number is the first letter of your surname followed by 6 or 7 digits eg M1234567.

If you are getting in touch about a benefits case, you will need to provide a National Insurance (NI).

If you have an ongoing case with Anneliese, please get your reference number ready before you ring or email to follow up on your case. Your reference number will start with AN followed by 5 numbers eg AN12345

When does Anneliese hold surgeries?


Anneliese holds surgeries twice a month on Fridays.

Surgeries are by appointment only. This is in order to ensure that everyone who wants to see Anneliese has the chance to do so. 

If you would like a surgery appointment with Anneliese you can email anneliesedoddsmp@gmail.com and an appointment will be arranged for you. It is not always necessary for constituents to attend a surgery for Anneliese to look into their case. You can get in touch via telephone, email or post at any time and your case will be treated in the same manner as those who have attended a surgery appointment.

You can call Anneliese's office on 01865 595 790 or send a letter to Anneliese Dodds MP, Unit A, Bishops Mews, Transport Way, Oxford, OX4 6HD

Anneliese operates a constituency office in Oxford, however the office does not have the facility to see members of the public without an appointment. Additionally, for security reasons visitors without a confirmed appointment will strictly not be seen.

I'm getting in touch on behalf of someone else, can Anneliese still help?


Anneliese cannot take up a case without the permission of the person it concerns. If you are calling on behalf of one of Anneliese's constituents, Anneliese can offer assistance but it is essential for data protection reasons that we have permission of the person(s) involved.

Will private infomation be protected?


Any personal information that you give to Anneliese or her staff will be handled confidentially, in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like information about the Data Protection Act 1998 please click here.

Why haven't I had a reply?


Anneliese will make every effort to reply to all correspondence. However, contact with constituents is prioritised based on need, therefore it will take longer for us to respond to a mass-email campaign. 

If your email is urgent, you should receive a reply within 1-3 working days. All other correspondence may take up to 5 days to receive a reply.

Will my matter be raised in the House of Commons?


Anneliese has already raised a number of constituents' concerns in the House of Commons. One way she can do this is through tabling parliamentary questions, which government ministers have to answer. She also raises constituency issues in debates in the House. As Anneliese is a shadow Treasury Minister she is barred from signing up to Private Members' Bills, unless instructed to do so by her party's whips, and from some other kinds of parliamentary activity that can be undertaken by backbench MPs.

I had an ongoing case with Andrew Smith, will Anneliese still be able to help?


If you had an ongoing case with Andrew Smith, Anneliese will still be able to help. However, because Anneliese's team does not have access to the previous MP's cases, we will need you to get in touch with the office to give permission for Anneliese to take up the matter on your behalf.

The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.

Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.

To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.