Who else can help me?


If you feel that your problem really concerns a local council (e.g. dustbins, housing, road repairs or public lavatories) rather than central government, then you may wish to contact your local councillor in the first place as they will be best placed to help you. You can, of course, contact Anneliese if you are still not happy with the service you are receiving from the council.

Oxfordshire has a two-tier system of local government. This means that your council services are provided by two different councils.

Oxford City Council run services such as planning, leisure and waste collection, while Oxfordshire County Council is responsible for running services such as libraries, schools and social care.

In Oxfordshire, there is one county council (Oxfordshire County Council) and five district councils (Oxford City Council, Cherwell, South Oxfordshire, Vale of White Horse and West Oxfordshire).

You can get help from Oxford City Council here 

You can get help from Oxfordshire County Council here

For a general list of how services in Oxford are split between Oxford City Council and Oxfordshire County Council, please see below: 

Oxford City Council 

Planning, Council Housing, Homelessness, Houses in Multiple Occupation Licensing, Housing Options Advice Council Tax Collection, Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit, Business Rates (NNDR), Environmental Health, Licensing, Recycling and Waste Collection, Leisure Centres and Facilities, Building Control, Minor Roads, 3 Park & Ride Sites, Street Cleaning, Parks, Community Group Grants, Community Response Team and Park Rangers, Markets and Fairs, Oxford Safer, Communities Partnership, Anti-social Behaviour, Electoral Registration, Cemeteries, Car Parks, Community Centres, Public Toilets, Street Furniture

Oxfordshire County Council 

Schools, Social Services, Older People, Adult Learning, Major Roads, Libraries, Children and Young People, Fire Service, Waste Recycling Centres and Waste Disposal, Trading Standards, Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages, Street Lighting, 2 Park & Ride Sites, Transport Planning, Carers' Support, Residents' Parking Permits, On-street Parking, Youth Offending Service, Music Service, Concessionary Bus Passes

The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.

Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.

To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.