Enquiring about Adult Learning


Oxfordshire County Council has transferred all of its Adult Learning service to Abingdon and Witney College.

You can find out more about the services Abingdon and Witney College provide here.

Phone: 01235 555 585 (Abingdon) 01993 703 464 (Witney)

Email: enquiries@abingdon-witney.ac.uk

Write: Abingdon and Witney College, Abingdon Campus, Wootton Rd, Abingdon OX14 1GG, UK

The service, which delivers courses to 12,600 learners each year, offers a wide range of educational opportunities including apprenticeships and workplace training as well as English and maths support and leisure and pleasure courses in more than 80 venues across Oxfordshire.

Adult learners can apply for grants and bursaries to help pay for courses and training. Usually, you don’t have to pay this money back.
For most grants and bursaries you apply directly to the organisation that gives them out. They’ll have an application form and will be able to tell you if you qualify.

Turn2Us provides information about education grants and has a grant search.If you’re a parent, you might also be able to get help with childcare costs while you study.

City & Guilds offer bursaries to people who study for a City & Guilds qualification.

Dance and Drama Awards are available at some specialist private schools and help with fees and living costs.

The General Federation of Trade Unions Educational Trust has grants for students of economic theory and history, industrial law and industrial relations.

If you’re training:

The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.

Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.

To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.