Applying for free school meals
You can get in touch and find out if your child is eligible for free schools meals by contacting Oxforshire County Council's food team here.
Phone: 0808 156 6659
Write: Food & More, Cuffas Lea House, 3500 John Smith Drive, Oxford, OX4 2WB
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child might also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
Infant free school meals in England
Your child will be able to get free school meals if they’re in:
- reception class
- year 1
- year 2
Tell your Oxfordshire County Council if you also get any of the above benefits. Your child’s school can get extra funding if you do.
Was this helpful?
The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.
Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.
To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.